Login / Register
The centralized animal house of Arulmigukalasalingam College of Pharmacy built in 200 sq/mt area in the campus. The centralized animal house facility has approved by Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), New Delhi (Approval no: 509/01/C/CPCSEA) for breeding and experimentation of laboratory animals. The animal house facility has dedicated to provide laboratory animals to cater the needs of research of various departments of Arulmigukalasalingam Colleg of Pharmacy, Krishnankoil
• Rat ( Wistar strains)
• Mice (Swiss albino)
• Guinea Pigs
• New Zealand Rabbits.
The animal house has the following In-house guidelines
• All the animal facility users should undergo orientation and training in proper handling of animals before they start the experimentation.
• The animal studies can begin only after the IAEC approval of the research project.
• The approved protocol should be strictly followed; any modification in the protocol should be cleared by the IAEC.
• The entry is restricted, only authorized people are allowed to enter the animal block with all the protective clothing - apron, cap, facemask and designated sandals.
• Experiments should be performed with due care and humanity with compliance of CPCSEA.
• All the animal users should follow 3 ‘R’s concept